Friday, June 25, 2010

JUST A FEW DAYS TO PLAN!!!

WOW! Ok, I just found a ticket to Uganda for a thousand bucks, and if I can raise it, I'll be meeting Fr. Leonsyo in Kampala and traveling to Gulu to rendezvous with the now "DR FRANCIS" (now called "DR" thanks to your donations), and my brother Patrick. But I NEED YOUR HELP! Anything you can give will help. This year, as I travel to Uganda, my focus is entirely on learning tropical medicine, learning about the lives of Ugandans, and the strengths, weaknesses, challenges, and resources of the poor communities of northern Uganda. One thing I saw on my last journey was that many of us westerners travel to the poor with our OWN mission, instead of waiting for one to be given to us. Sometimes people with such preplanned missions do wonderful things. But I feel personally called to simply go and make myself available. Francis has arranged for me to work in the hospital outside Gulu, called St. Mary's Lacor. There, I will simply do whatever I'm asked to do. As a 3rd year med student, I will be more prepared to learn effective medicine from my Ugandan colleagues than I was as a second year, since I already have some clinical experience under my belt.
So, I travel to Uganda with your help as a simple student. I do not go with any lofty goals, but simply to open my ears, eyes, and my heart to God and to the people of Uganda. Please click the button on the right to donate. I have only a few days to plan, so if I may be so bold as to ask you not to wait...
Thank you, and bless you ALL!!!
If you cannot give financially, PLEASE send your prayers and positive thoughts and or emails to me, to Father Leonsyo, Dr. Francis, and the people of Uganda and of DMP. Stay well and stay in touch! I'll update this blog when I can!
Peace, Nathan

No comments:

Post a Comment