Sunday, July 4, 2010

UNDERWAY

So I'm in London passing the time in the airport! I'm tired and my back hurts, but I just read my brother's blog about the patience necessary to survive and thrive in Uganda, and I'm reminded of the amazing patience, resilience and quiet Grace of the poeple I'm going to live amongst for the next 5 weeks. My prayer now is that I will be able to live in the moment, be fully present, and experience Beauty and Grace of my surroundings no matter where I am or how my body feels. So, I thank God for the pain in my back, for the incredible generosity of those who were able to contribute to my trip, and for the adventure that is before me. For now, I'm waiting in the airport. I think I'll catch up on my knowledge of infectious disease. I brought some great books. Until we meet again, please, send emails, pray, and don't be a stranger! I love you all. Many of you will be in my heart as I once again travel the red earth and the green fields of Uganda. Peace, Nathan

No comments:

Post a Comment